Vacancies for positions as a member of Turku Philharmonic Orchestra, Finland are advertised here.
Alternating 1st Concertmaster, permanent position
The audition will be held at Turku Concert Hall on Monday 8th of May 2017 starting at 12 o’clock noon.
- W. A. Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 3 K.216, No. 4 K.218 or No. 5 K.219, 1st and 2nd movements with cadenzas
- A Romantic violin concerto of candidate’s choice, 1st movement with cadenzas
- J. Brahms: Violin Sonata No. 3 D minor Op. 108, 2nd movement Adagio
- J. S. Bach: St Matthew Passion
- II coro, bass aria ”Gebt mir meinen Jesum wieder”, solo
- J. Brahms: Symphony No. 3 in F Major Op. 90
- 1st mov Allegro con brio from the beginning to F
- C. Debussy: La Mer
- 1st mov from rehearsal 6 to 7
- 2nd mov one before rehearsal 24 to 25
- 2nd mov four after rehearsal 31 to the end of 2nd mov
- G. Mahler: Symphony No. 6 in A minor
- 2nd mov Andante moderato from the beginning to rehearsal 51
- W. A. Mozart: Symphony No. 36 in C Major ”Linz” KV 425
- 1st mov from the beginning to measure 122
- N. Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade Op. 35
- 1st mov solos C-D and G-H
- 2nd mov solo from the beginning to measure 5
- 3rd mov solo from measure 142 to the end of the movement
- 4th mov solos from the beginning to measure 10, measures 29–30 and from 641 to the end of the movement
- J. Sibelius: Symphony No. 1 in E minor Op. 39
- 3rd mov Scherzo from the beginning to 13 after M
- R. Strauss: Ein Heldenleben Op. 40
- Erstes Zeitmaβ solo 9 before rehearsal 23 to 11 after rehearsal 31
- 6 before rehearsal 36 to 39
- R. Strauss: Death and Transfiguration Op. 24
Chamber music excerpt:
- F. Schubert: String Quintet in C Major Op. 163 D.956, 1st movement Allegro ma non troppo from the beginning to repetition and 2nd movement (whole)
Orchestral and chamber music excerpt materials will be sent to applicants after the closing date.
Please send your application with brief CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 12th of April 2017 at 3 PM (GMT +2 Finnish time). Delayed applications will not be taken into consideration. Invitations to attend the audition will be sent to selected candidates by email after the closing date.
If a member of the orchestra will be chosen to the vacancy of Concertmaster, his/her vacancy can be filled by this audition.